Monday, February 22, 2010

environmental problem

Well, I woke up today and found that my system simply refuse to behave normally. I tried to run ant command from command prompt and Windows spit an error message "ant is not recoginzed as internal or external command", so was the problem with edit, del, copy, shutdown and everything. When i try to ran eclipse i got a message saying "Java is not installed".

I immediately checked the Path environment variable and it was perfect. I double checked all the paths in the Path variable, everything was fine. It had all the paths from system, system32, java and everything. I was wondering then what could the problem be... After a while i renamed the path environmental variable from "Path" to "PATH" and whooosh everything started working as it was.... Finally was able to resolve the environmental problem :)

This all was happening with my Windows XP SP3 box :) Glad that its working again ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter